Jim Valis is Managing Partner and a Wealth Management Advisor at Blackstone Valley Wealth Management. He focuses on providing wealth management solutions to a select group of uniquely successful families that are approaching, transitioning or living in retirement. Together with his team, he helps affluent clients address their five biggest concerns: preserving their wealth, tax reduction strategies, taking care of their heirs, ensuring their assets are not unjustly taken and charitable giving.
Jim co-founded Blackstone in 2013. He uses a consultative process to gain a detailed understanding of his clients’ deepest values and goals. He then employs customized recommendations designed to address each client’s unique needs and goals beyond simply investments.
Successful individuals and families work with Jim to:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive wealth management plan to help them work towards their financial dreams.
- Make smarter decisions in today’s uncertain political, economic and social environment.
- Obtain an independent second opinion from an experienced financial advisor in their community.
Previously, Jim spent eight years as Vice President with Fidelity Investments Private Client Group. Each year since 2015*, he has been recognized by Five Star Wealth Manager as a top Wealth Manger in the Boston area. Additionally, LPL Financial has listed Jim as one of their top financial advisors as a member of the Freedom or Directors club each year since 2015**, and he is a member of the Worcester Business Journals’ 40 under 40.
You may have seen Jim out in the community serving on the Center of the Arts and Little League Boards. Or maybe you caught him coaching a youth softball game or as a guest speaker at a community event.
A native of Worcester, MA, Jim’s education includes:
- Bachelor of Science in Management at WPI
- MBA with a concentration in Finance at Bryant University
- Accredited Asset Management Specialist at The College for Financial Planning
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ at The College for Financial Planning (2008)
* Jim has received the Five Star Wealth Manager award and the LPL Financial Freedom or Directors Club award in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
* Award based on 10 objective criteria associated with providing quality services to clients such as credentials, experience, and assets under management among other factors. Wealth managers do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final list of 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2019 and 2020 Five Star Wealth Managers.
** Director and Freedom Clubs Achievement is based on annual production among LPL Advisors only.