As our clients know, we utilize a fully integrated financial planning software system called WealthVision that allows our clients to visualize their overall net worth on one page and link all online accounts to be visible in one, convenient location. This type of technology is called data aggregation and there are big changes in the data aggregation world we'd like to share.
The industry has identified a safer, more secure way for multiple websites to communicate and share data, called Application Programming Interface, or API. This type of connection will allow for a more stable, and more secure connection between our WealthVision system and your external accounts.
Here's what you need to know:
- Currently, WealthVision uses a different type of aggregation that requires you to enter your financial institutions' login data on the Wealth Vision site.
- These connections often disconnect for a variety of reasons.
- Though the technology used today is secure, WealthVision is in the process of transitioning to API-based aggregation.
- Clients will eventually be required to allow WealthVision to access their data directly from their financial institution, rather than sharing log-in credentials.
- This transition means no more broken Connections, ultimately enhancing the experience.
A handful of companies will be the first to launch this new technology, so you may see some changes within WealthVision soon. If your connections become disrupted, please feel free to give us a call and we can walk you through regaining access.